Tuesday, July 18, 2017

4 Basics of Couponing



I am no expert in couponing, although I have followed and studied it for some time. It is not difficult, it is just simply something I do not spend time investing in. However, I do coupon simply. As in, I do not walk out of a store with $40.00 worth of products for $3.00, but I do buy $40.00 worth of things I need at that time for $30.00 or below.

Now, mind you. I do not clip coupons. I do not print them offline. I do not get newspapers. I simply do this by going to certain stores, and combining e-coupons (where you type in your phone number) with sales. Or, I go to Wal-Mart and use a few coupons I might have gotten mailed to me, or taken from a friend/families newspaper.

However, this is because I am not trying to save a bunch, just a little when I do have to spend. So, if you want to save a lot, it is easily possible. If you have the determination, you can easily be catching deals like other extreme couponers within the first month.

Below are 4 easy tips that when combined, will make you an extreme couponer in no time.

1. Collect, Collect, and Collect:
Coupons online, weekly newspapers, and signing up on the products websites are all good ways to get coupons. Over time, you will build up your coupons, which are good to save for when the product itself is on sale (explained later on).

2. Sign up for ALL rewards programs:
Most stores that you shop at have some type or rewards set up. Walmart has an app where you scan the barcode on the bottom of your receipt, and get money back on products that are cheaper at competing stores. Dollar General, Family Dollar, CVS, Rite Aid, and more all have programs and apps for your phone that you can join and either get extra coupons, digital coupons, or special points back that will add up over time. Sign up for all of them, or simply the ones you shop at most often.

3. Look at weekly sales:
Every week, make sure to take a glance at what is on sale. There are apps such as Flipp, or simply the apps for every store that you shop at that will show you what is on sale. Plus, you get sales ads in the mail and newspapers weekly. Either way, by seeing what is on sale every week is how you will learn to use your coupons wisely.


4. Combine:
The key to really winning at couponing, is combining your coupons with sales. If you find a coupon for .25 off some Dove dish detergent, but it is .99 regularly, you don't save much. However, if it is on sale for .50, then you are getting each bottle for .25, or half off. There are many websites and social groups to keep up with couponing deals as well, and you can use them to help you know exactly where to go and what to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reasons Why People are unsuccessful

Why are some people unsuccessful? You would think that the answer lied in whatever they said stopped them from success, but the answer is re...